vm

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 07:24:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 02/06/2009 11:38 AM, Preston Hagar wrote:
>

> > About the only issue I have found is that when I do a kernel upgrade,
> > I usually have to reinstall the deb file so it can rebuild kernel
> > modules for the new kernel.  Other than that I have not had any
> > issues.
>
> From the same link you provided:
> Note: Ubuntu users might want to install the dkms package (not available
> on Debian) to ensure that the VirtualBox host kernel modules (vboxdrv
> and vboxnetflt) are properly updated if the linux kernel version changes
> during the next apt-get upgrade.
>
> $ sudo apt-get install dkms
>
> and you should be fine. If not, then follow the popup instructions (same
> as provided by Christoph).

All
Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried both alternatives, and so far, I'm
pretty happy with the tests performed on virualbox. I'm going to run the
install on my 8.04 machine. I appreciate the suggestions and the additional
notes re: dkms. I'll get both up and running on my machine later this
evening.

Jack