Asus Aspire One Network Woes

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Mon Feb 9 00:53:06 UTC 2009

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 13:39:47 -0700
"Karl F. Larsen" <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>     I have Intrepid on my laptop too, and the last updated kernel
> stopped my WiFi dead! There is something real bad in that kernel! I
> have Grub set up to boot on the next-newest kernel and WiFi works
> just fine. I hope it will for you.
>
> Karl
I bought this new laptop maybe 3 weeks ago and installed Intrepid
onto it.  My wired ethernet works like a charm.  Right after I got
Intrepid installed I took the laptop downtown to a hotspot and 8
different networks were located.  Now, it doesn't see a thing.

When are developers going to fix the problem?  It seems I've read a
lot of complaints about this.

So, going back to the 2.6.27-9 kernel should fix the problem?

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com

  --Thomas Paine