Is there any point in going above 1000bps in x264

Ben Edwards list4me2 at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 7 11:01:44 UTC 2009

Ive been playing around with handbrake (using the Film preset under
'High Profile' and changing bitrate), an excellent program for
ripping/encoding. I have encoded 10 minutes from a DVD (In Bruges) at
1000, 1200 and 1800 bit-rates. I played them back on a PS3 with a
video projector (HD 1080 compatable) and there does not seem to be a
noticable difference.

So my question is is there any point in going above 1000. Maybe I need
to go a lot higher?

Any insight?
Ben