packaging, modify a patched package

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 09:18:32 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y)
<mihamina at lab.vectoris.fr> wrote:
> Hi all
> when I download and extract the source of a package, I mostly find
> patches in it.
> It's OK.
> But know, I want to modifiy those packages to fit my needs:
> What is the process to follow in these case?

I think most packages are really just upstream and/or Debian packages
with patches for Ubuntu.  Thus, they look like a pile of patches.

Not sure I understand your question - change what you need and build
it again...  or submit your suggest changes back in Launchpad if you
think your changes apply to other people as well.

Brian