8.10 problems

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 5 20:10:54 UTC 2009

--- On Thu, 2/5/09, Aart Koelewijn <aart at mtack.xs4all.nl> wrote:
From: Aart Koelewijn <aart at mtack.xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: 8.10 problems
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: Thursday, February 5, 2009, 1:02 PM

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:23:39 -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:

> Aart Koelewijn wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 07:23:05 -0700, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>>
>>>     It appears it is no longer available, like everything else :-)
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>> Karl I really think you should try other repositories. This way you
are
>> getting nowhere and no one can help you because we all depend on
>> working repositories.
>>
>> Aart
>>

>     That sounds like a great idea. How do I get the repositories your
> talking about?
>
> Karl

Well, I'm still on 8.04 here. There it is System->Administration-
>SoftwareSources

Then the first tab "Ubuntu Software" behind "Download from"
you can
choose a server. I use the Main server, not the one for the Netherlands
where I live, because that has given me some problems in the past.

Aart

Perhaps Karl should post his sources.list file so the list can check if it's correctly formated with the correct distros.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net