32 bit panda-glGo install on 64 bit system

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:12:56 UTC 2009

Knapp wrote:
>>> suggests using qGo.
>>> Installed gGo with synaptic package manager.
>>> Where was it installed, i.e., how do I start it?
>> The program you want is named qGo, not gGo. It shows up in
>> Applications>Games. It's the best Go client on all OS.
>>
>> Loïc
>>
> He is right but having faced this too, I just ran it with wine. I
> can't remember how well it worked but I use the qgo or quarry go or
> gtkgo. I like quarry for game reviews. I also have started playing
> much more on KGS because I like the community features of there java
> downloaded player.

I'm not sure I understand the problem actually. If it's qGo not showing
in the menus, I've had installed qGo on i386 through Breezy to Hardy and
AFAIR it's always shown in the menus at Applications>Games. On Intrepid
amd64 which I'm using atm, it's the same.

(Versions of qGo prior to Gutsy had segfault problem, but it's solved
now (and I provided a package for Dapper on qGo's site, but Dapper is
ending its life soon anyway).

If none of you have qGo showing in the menus, could you try reinstalling
the packages, and if it still doesn't show up could you tell us the
result of the command:

qgo

launched in a terminal?

Loïc
(sorry I'm also CC-ing you, but if there's a problem with qGo in certain
releases of Ubuntu I'd certainly like to know)