Upgrades and Flash

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 00:56:56 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 2/3/09, Bart Silverstrim <bsilver at chrononomicon.com> wrote:

> From: Bart Silverstrim <bsilver at chrononomicon.com>
> Subject: Upgrades and Flash
> To: "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Tuesday, February 3, 2009, 5:53 PM
> I've noticed since a recent spate of updates that when I
> go to Youtube,
> the video window is blank. Just a black square.
>
> No errors appear or seem to be logged.
>
> I've uninstalled and reinstalled the nonfree flash
> plugin via synaptic,
> no change.
>
> Anyone else see this or have an idea how to get around it?
>
> -
Assuming your using intrepid up-to date, are you using 10.0.15.3ubuntu1~intrepid version of the plugin? I also switched to sun jav6 but don't know if that had any effect. With the 10 version on my 64 bit machine, I haven't found an embedded video that I can't play. I did have that problem you describe before going to the above changes.  If you like, I'll be glad to test
the video for its url.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net