ubuntu install failed to install on t1000

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 20:59:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Oliver Brakmann <obrakmann at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Asif Iqbal wrote:
>>> Here is the dmesg from shell and as you can see it does not detect any
>>> disk. Do I need to install any scsi driver to detect them?
>>
>> Yes. The T1000 has an onboard LSI 1064 (or 1068? I forget) controller.
>> Load the mptsas driver and you should see your disks.
>
> You mean exit to shell and run modprobe mptsas ?

Choose the next step in the install process:
  1. Choose language
  2. Configure the keyboard
  3. Detect network hardware
  4. Configure the network
  5. Choose a mirror of the Ubuntu archive
  6. Download installer components
  7. Configure the clock
  8. Detect disks [*]
  9. Partition disks
 10. Install the base system
 11. Set up users and passwords
 12. Configure the package manager
 13. Select and install software
 14. Build LTSP chroot
 15. Install the SILO boot loader on a hard disk
 16. Continue without boot loader
 17. Finish the installation
 18. Change debconf priority
 19. Save debug logs
 20. Execute a shell
 21. Abort the installation
Prompt: '?' for help, default=8> 20

Execute a shell
---------------

Interactive shell

After this message, you will be running "ash", a Bourne-shell clone.

The root file system is a RAM disk. The hard disk file systems are mounted on
"/target". The editor available to you is nano. It's very small and easy to
figure out. To get an idea of what Unix utilities are available to you, use the
"help" command.

Use the "exit" command to return to the installation menu.
[Press enter to continue]

BusyBox v1.10.2 (2008-09-12 08:47:17 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ # modprobe mptsas
FATAL: Module mptsas not found.

How do I go by installing the mptsas driver? I am trying to install
from intrepid sparc boot img

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu