Skype + 8.10

Robert Parker rlp1938 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:50:43 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Robert Parker <rlp1938 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Fajar Priyanto <fajarpri at arinet.org> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Robert Parker <rlp1938 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I installed Skype, deb for version 8.04 on my 8.10 system. It
>>> complains about  "Problem with Audio Playback" when I try to call.
> worked for me is 'Pulse'.
> The test call worked.

Oops I spoke too soon. As long as everything is set to Pulse I can
make calls but I have no functional microphone.
I started alsamixer and found the Capture icon set at 0. Moving that
up to 70% or so still allows no sound to be sent over Skype. Strangely
when I close the Skype call it sets the Capture back to 0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bob
--
In a world without walls who needs Windows (or Gates)? Try Linux instead!