BIOS settings for Thinkpads using Ubuntu

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:31:41 UTC 2009

techlists at comcast.net wrote:
> But I did eventually get Ubuntu installed; it's running off the hard
> disk and it's still randomly, and frequently, freezing.

Do you have compiz enabled?

Try disabling it under appearance - visual effects.

If it doesn't freeze after disabling compiz, re-enable it and install
ccsm and check the general tab for 2 settings:

Unredirect Fullscreen Windows
Force Independent output painting

Make sure they're unchecked.

These 2 settings were hanging my T61 all the time...