No more "me too" posts.

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Mon Feb 2 13:44:05 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> You can't even get people to drive with courtesy on the roads. I admire
>> your optimism that you can get this forum to come together to act with a
>> common set of groundrules to prevent slowly stressing yourself a little
>> more gray.
>>

> On the roads we are competing. In the mailing lists we are helping
> each other get by. Well, at least in my own little Utopia.
>
> In any case, the list needs a reminder every now and then. Don't be
> afraid to call someone out for breaking netiquette, it's there for a
> reason. It does not need to be enforced as stone, but it should be
> encouraged.

I suppose I agree. It just never seems to do much good. In the end I
ignore posts that bug me too much. I think there are others that do that
too...I've spent too much time trying to fix that type of issue, and it
just doesn't make a @#% dent in it. Others do it on purpose. I'm simply
too tired of it to keep trying.

-Bart