Gnome users who have tried KDE: convince me!

Kim Briggs patiodragon at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:25:35 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I love it! I might try Gnome for a few days on a test machine to see
> what else is good there. Gnome users, please let me know what features
> to try that are missing from KDE so that I can be sure to try them, as
> I won't have time to try everything. In other words, what keeps you on
> Gnome?

I am on Gnome because it is the default file browser for debian-based
distributions.  I love the apt-get package manager system and the
debian systems have been the most stable in my 8 years of trials.

It's a file browser.  I can use konqueror, but why would I start up
the extra libraries just to browse files?

Did I mention it's just a file browser?  I'm serious.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com