linux printers for sale

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:01:57 UTC 2009

sebastien wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 17:25:54 +1000 (EST)
> Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009, John Heinen wrote:
>>
>>> Wouldn't it be nice for big retailers to carry printers for the
>>> linux users, name some brands and I 'll start working on it. after
>>> all this would be a huge market for some.
>> Never had a HP that would not work 'out of the box' on Slackware,
>> Fedora, or Ubuntu, some Canons will some wont, some Epsons will some
>> wont, for years now I've been happy with HP, even for win users I'd
>> recommend them as well, and I'll never buy any other brand.
>>
>> --
>> Res
>>
>> "What does Windows have that Linux doesn't?" - One hell of a lot of
>> bugs!
>>
> I also would have liked to choose a fully linux supported printer prior
> to buy my canon lbp5000,  but finally I managed thanks to all of
> courageous member of the ubuntulinux community. After a long seek
> towards the web.
> If hardware was fully supported, the community spirit and activity
> wouldnt be so important and efficient I guess.
>
> as far as i m concerned, each time I try to make a hardware work, I
> grow up and learn things Id never had learned if it was fully
> supported.
>
> The price of the effort is some headaches and finally good fun and self
> satisfaction.
> happynewyear to all of you
>
> It seems that many professionals dont care of linux users, as we don't
> care of them, we can manage without them and throw their junk of
> installation cds stuffed with useless and poisonous software.

	I discovered WindowsXP does not have ANY drivers for
motherboard things and printers and mouse and keyboard! You
HAVE to have that cd-rom that comes with the printer or it
will never work.

	Ubuntu 9.10 has the drivers on board. It is a major problem
for Ubuntu but it is solved.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI