PS3 media server

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:28:25 UTC 2009

OK, I have it work from ISO but it is still taking up the original
amount of space on the HD.

I'd like to transcode to something a lot smaller but still with good
video format.

I have tried a number of things so far including k9copy to make WMV8,
and a couple of DivX4/5 options with dvd::rip, and either they play
but are the same size, or do not play and are a lot smaller.

Here is the list of supported formats.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/video/filetypes.html

It is all kind of greek to me.  Can someone here spot a format that
will be smaller but still high quality video, that I can produce
easily from Ubuntu.  And even better, do you have the exact recipe?