Gnome users who have tried KDE: convince me!

Scott sclewin at sgaming.ca
Mon Dec 28 19:58:55 UTC 2009

On 09-12-28 12:06 PM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Gnome users, please let me know what features
> to try that are missing from KDE so that I can be sure to try them, as
> I won't have time to try everything. In other words, what keeps you on
> Gnome?
	I was a KDE hardcore myself for the first three years of my Linux life
:).  I then slowly noticed I used more and more GTK/Gnome programs and
then finally gave Gnome a serious try with Ubuntu 8.04.  Since then I
have used only Gnome.  I once gave KDE a try again a couple months ago,
but now it just does not feel right.

	For me, what keeps me on Gnome really is not any single program.  It is
more because Ubuntu is better supported than Kubuntu and haves a larger
community behind it.

	Oddly enough the one thing that bugs me the most about Gnome is
Nautilus. :)  I consider it just good enough and have always complained
that it does not have split screen.  Something that, if added, would
make me love Nautilus.

--
Your friend,
Scott

Sent to you from a Linux computer using Ubuntu Version 9.10