How to prevent changing UUIDs on install?

John Haggerty bouncyinc at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 17:59:22 UTC 2009

that would explain why when I finally was able to go from 9.04 to 9.10 after
a reconfiguration of all packages that I seem to have had for example my usb
external hard disk changed from /media/disk-2/ to
/media/65b0f058-6a2b-4b83-801e-31892087599b.

How is that number calculated or is it some kind of random one?