Doubt

Steve Flynn anothermindbomb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 12:01:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM, ramesh gandhi <ramesh.ubuntu at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1)How to run .exe files in Ubuntu.????????

chmod +x <filename> to ensure the execute bit is set.

If, on the other hand you mean can you run Windows executable binaries
under linux then the answer is yes and you should be using something
like Wine (a Windows emulator)

> 2)When i am using ubuntu with Mozilla browser, It is very slow and doesnt
> open the orkut pages. Why?????????

Only one question mark is required. Lack of RAM in your machine or a
generally slow connection speed. Without information like your machine
specs, what version of OS you're using, what your ISP connection speed
is and so forth, we can't really help with anything other than
guesses.

> and also the internet is some more slowwww.......................

"slow". What is your connection speed to your ISP? Have you tried
running some speed-tests and tracerouting to the servers you're
finding to be slow?

--
Steve

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0