Need to recover from an ID-10-T error.

UNGER, JOHN WM JWU001 at SHSU.EDU
Wed Dec 23 17:07:15 UTC 2009

I made a dumb error in trying to solve a problem with the updates saying there is not enough room in /boot.

I moved the files from /boot to a temporary directory and then neglected to move them back before rebooting. Now I get a "File not found" error when booting.

I can boot from the install cd, but would prefer not to re-install the entire OS if at all possible.
I have been able to move the files back into /boot, but still get the "File not found" error. I attempted to copy the files from the CD's /boot and put them in the HD /boot - same result.

I have not redirected any files, nor renamed any.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John U.