Scanning Slides and Negatives

accessys at smart.net accessys at smart.net
Tue Dec 22 17:57:06 UTC 2009

I used a similar type of system to digitize my old 8mm movies and while
acceptable there is a noticable loss of quality.  doing a optical copy
adds another step to the process and there is always some loss whenever a
copy is made, digital to digital is by far the least effected by this but
any optical process has a significant loss.

BTW Vuescan and the Nikon scanner will do RAW or Jpg as well as a couple
other formats such as TIFF.

Bob