Can one get straight to username entry at login in 9.10?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Mon Dec 21 16:13:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 01:21:05PM +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> 2009/12/21 Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:
> > On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:13:39AM +0000, Colin Law wrote:
> >> In the new login strategy (where the login names are
> >> shown) there is no need to use the mouse.
> >>
> > How do you avoid using the mouse then?
>
> On booting, the focus is on the username list so up and down arrow
> selects a user, Enter brings up the password field, type password and
> Enter again.

... and if there's *lots* of users?  I suppose it's better than
nothing but the arrow keys are 'over there' rather than a proper part
of the keyboard.

Not to mention that I can't even get back to that configuration now, I
seem to be permanently stuck in single user mode, gggrrrrrrr!!!!

--
Chris Green