openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Mon Dec 21 10:27:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-20 at 06:52 -0800, Fc Uk wrote:
> I run <sudo find / -name 'XXXXX.ods'> in my terminal.
>
> nothing echo, after ~1 min searching.
>
> It had been on that folder for more than at least three weeks.
>
> I guess I will give up....

as a last resort, if you remember where you saved it, you could always
try to use data-recovery software from within windows to try and find
your file. I've used this in the past: http://www.piriform.com/recuva
It's a decent little program, and it's free, but I don't recall if it
finds OpenOffice docs or not. At this point though, it certainly can't
hurt.

--
Andrew