openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:34:12 UTC 2009

Mark C. Miller wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:00:30 -0800, Fc Uk wrote:

>> ________________________________
>>
>> Anybody help me to rescue the file.
>>
>> Yesterday
>> I opened an .ods openoffice3.1 file on NTFS under Ubutnu 9.10, after a
>> little edit I closed it, concurrently, I type Fn+F12(hibernate shortcut
>> of my t43) to let my laptop hibernate, Today I cannot find this .ods
>> file at all. And I tried Finaldata under Windows, no result at all.
>>
>> Can you explain why ? and what am I supposed to do for this file?
>>
>> Thank you.

	Do this: Start your Open Office in Ubuntu. When you get the
Write part running do this. Go to File and choose to Open a
File. Then choose to open a recent file and OO will show you a
list of recent files. With luck your lost file will be listed.
Try to bring it up. If it comes up use Save-As to save it
someplace you can find it.

	Either way let this list know if it worked.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User