openoffice, FILE MISSING, ubuntu write NTFS

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:39:27 UTC 2009

NoOp wrote:
> On 12/20/2009 01:21 AM, Fc Uk wrote:
>> I hope so.
>> But could you tell me where I can find this BACKUP place?
>> I am really new to Linux.
>> Thank you.
>>

> Please bottom post on this list.
>
> You can check where your backup files for OOo reside by opening OOo and
> checking: Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org|Paths| and look at 'Backups' and
> 'Temporary files'. Typically the 'Temporary files' is set for /tmp.
> Unfortunately, /tmp is cleaned on shutdown/reboot. However, you may get
> lucky and the file may have been preserved there, so have a look.
> If you want to avoid this in the future, change the 'Temporary files'
> path so something a little more permanent (perhaps 'OOobackup').
>
> Now go down to 'Load/Save|General and adjust your save settings to
> include 'Always create a backup copy'.
>
> You might want to bookmark:
> http://documentation.openoffice.org/
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started>
> <http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOo3_User_Guides/Getting_Started/Choosing_options_for_loading_and_saving_documents>

	For fun I ran a test using OO. I turned on OO and wrote a
test message. I saved it to my desktop. It is there.

	I opened this file in OO and added some more words. Then I
saved this in my home directory. I checked my desktop is still
there as the original file.

	Then I looked at the file in my HOME and it is the second file.

	All this proves to me this fellow has a non-OO problem. OO
will leave the original file in the original place until you
delete it! He should be able to find it on his windows where
it was originally found. I have no idea how this file was
deleted. It was NOT deleted by OO!

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI