kdissert installed on Ubuntu 9.10

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Sun Dec 20 12:40:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 02:33:00PM +0200, Israel David wrote:
>    I installed kdissert but can't find it (its icon) anywhere on my desktop.
>    This actually happened with other programs I installed.
>
>    Where do I find the launching icon (*.exe  in program files in mswindows)
>    for programs I install on Ubuntu 9.10

In general you don't get a "launching icon", it avoids those horrible
cluttered desktops you see on Windows machines.  Usually applications
you install will put an entry in the Applications menu and you can run
them from there.  If you want you can add icons in the panels to run
frequently used applications without going through the menus.

Alternatively you can always run the application from the command line
or by entering Alt-F2.

--
Chris Green