64 bit zlib?

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 19:43:41 UTC 2009

Hey folks,

So, in googilng for a good video editor I hit upon cinerlerra

But when I run 'configure' it complains it cannot find zlib.   It is
of course there, even in the latest version, but only in 32 bit

root at alan-ubuntu:~/zlib-1.2.3# dpkg-query -S /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3
lib32z1: /usr/lib32/libz.so.1.2.3.3

root at alan-ubuntu:~/zlib-1.2.3# ls /usr/lib64/libz*
/usr/lib64/libzephyr.so.4  /usr/lib64/libzephyr.so.4.0.0

As you can see from my prompt I've downloaded zlib sources and am
ready to build it.  But I'm wondering first if the 64 bit version is
already out there somewhere from apt-get?

thanks,
-Alan