bootloogd does'nt work in 9.04

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 18 16:57:55 UTC 2009

--- On Fri, 12/18/09, Peter Sørensen <maspsr at sdu.dk> wrote:

> From: Peter Sørensen <maspsr at sdu.dk>
> Subject: bootloogd does'nt work in 9.04
> To: "ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
> Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 2:37 AM
> Hi,
>
> How to enable boot messages logging?
> Enabling BOOTLOGD in /etc/default/syslogd does'nt work in
> 9.04.
>
> I'm trying to solve some init scripts upstart problems and
> need a copy of
> all messages sent to the console. Bootlogd seems to be the
> answer but
> apparently the bootlogd program is'nt installed.
>
> I've seen some workarounds to install it and some comments
> on why it is'nt  installed
>
> But still I would like to ask all the experts here - what
> would be the best way tol solve
> this problem?
>
> Best regards

I think bootlogd has been disabled in Ubuntu for the last several issues.  I have asked about this same problem and AIR, the only reply was that it was disabled and can't be made to work.  I would like to get bootlogd working so if you find out how, please let me and the list know the solution.
Regarding your info needed to troubleshoot, you can probably find all the boot messages outputs in /var/log/syslog, dmesg and /var/log/messages, debug and kernel logs.  Not a nice solution but most, if not all, info should be there.
Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net