ramesh gandhi

Raphael raphaelong1996 at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Dec 17 08:55:44 UTC 2009

On 17-Dec-2009, at 8:41 AM, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:

>> 1)Is it possible to install .exe files in Ubuntu? And how?
>
> Not directly.  You need a MS virtual machine to do that.   Some EXE
> files will run under the WINE emulation from what I understand, but
> I've never done it.  Actually there is another emulation system whose
> name escapes me that is pretty good at running some stuff too.

You could also virtualize Windows thru QEMU, Virtualbox or VMware. A
Windows disc will be needed. WINE could be a good alternative but I do
not reccomend it to starters. Or, if you really need to run Windows
apps at full speed, you could install a dual-boot system with Windows
and Ubuntu.

Regards,
Raphael

      New Email addresses available on Yahoo!