Help needed urgently please: Couldn't solve "400 Bad Request" during sytem update

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 16 10:20:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 15:01 +0530, arshad wrote:
> hi all,
> please help me to solve this problem, i still couldn't figure it out.
> whenever i try to update or install, i get this error:
>
> ~$ sudo apt-get update
[snip]
>   400 Bad Request
[large snip]

An error 400 is a low-level error, indicating corrupt http data.

Do you get this error when trying to visit websites?
Do you get this error if you try to install software from a liveCD?

If either of these are true, then there may be an issue with your
connection. I don't know what else to try at this point, as I've never
actually run into this issue before. I hope this helps out though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes#4xx_Client_Error

--
Andrew