Thread hijacking

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 10:11:46 UTC 2009

2009/12/16 Christopher Chan <christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk>:
> Unintentional private replies and private replies with the list in the
> CC are too different things. The first is hardly a violation of
> anything, it was a mistake. The second one however is probably the sort
> of stuff before a flame war gets started.

Unfortunately some lists are set up so a simple reply will go only to
the poster, so one has to remember to do Reply To All.  It is easy to
forget which list is which and do the wrong sort of reply.   The
gnucash-user list is an example of this, in the mail footer it has:

You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All

Why it is setup like this I have no idea, it makes it easy to make mistakes.

Colin