run script at login

Shahar Dag dag at cs.technion.ac.il
Tue Dec 15 14:00:53 UTC 2009

Thanks, It is working
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Andre Luiz de Souza
  To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
  Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:48 PM
  Subject: Re: run script at login

  Use gdm: /etc/gdm/PostLogin/Default

  2009/12/14 Shahar Dag <dag at cs.technion.ac.il>

    Hello

    I have several Ubuntu (Hardy 8.04) Linux desktops.

    I am the local root of the desktops.

    The desktops use some server as NIS server.

    I do not have administrative rights at the NIS servers.

    Users are login in using their NIS account and their NFS home directory.

    I would like to run a script whenever a user is login in (after the login is complete).

    I don't know what shell the user uses.

    I don't have access to the user's home directory.

    All I can do is change the local desktop files.

    Any advice where to put my script so it will be activated any time a user login?

    Thanks

    Shahar Dag