ncomputing and Ubuntu 9.10

Andrew Kane googoleyes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:27:14 UTC 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 11:36 PM, Arun Shrimali <arun.reso at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I found that n-computing is a leading provider of Virtual PC
> solutions. They claim to have 5% of all student seat computing in US,
> K-12 public school.
>
> Can anybody help me out "how to" setup  ncomputing (I have L230 and
> L130 models) with Ubuntu 9.10
> I also like users to share their experience about it.

I did a brief search and found some Ubuntu Forum threads relating to
n-computing:
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=012285703143635244993%3Ai9yr8qlpb18&q=n-computing&sa=Search&siteurl=crunchbang.org%2Fubuntu-search-engine%2F

I'm unclear as to why this is necessary or desirable. Ubuntu is
already a multi-user system out of the box. The X Window system was
designed from the ground up to work over a network. Surely this has
been done before in a way that doesn't require a proprietary black
box?