MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu Compatability

Willis Taylor th1bill at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 11 15:38:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 15:05 +0000, ubuntu-users-request at lists.ubuntu.com
wrote:
> Re: MSI K9N6PGM2-V and Ubuntu CompatabilityDid you get the drivers
> from the Via site?  Which ones did you need?

>Were you able to get the machine up and running and then download the
>required drivers?

>Thanks,

>Keith

Keith,
... To the best of my recollection everything fire up and the only thing
I had to play with was the video driver.  It fired up, in 8.04LTS with a
screen at 480x640 and the best I could get with the generic driver was
600x800.  I then took the info from the install and data sheet and
googled the video model + "ubuntu" and found that the correct driver was
to be found in synaptic and loaded it from there.  The machine left here
with 1024x768 and I seem to recall that it would go higher, might be
wrong.