what are the contents in ubuntu DVD?

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 10 21:21:08 UTC 2009

On 12/10/2009 12:10 AM, arshad wrote:
> that list is not understandable.

Of course it is. It lists _exactly_ what you asked: "may i know what are
the contents in the ubuntu dvd edition in ubuntu official site?".

> im looking for something like whether the restricted extras and
> additional applications like netbeasn and eclipse are included there?
> or atleast whether any mention about that the main and restricted repos
> are included?

Then that is what you should have asked & the answer would have been no.
Of course you could have used your web browser to search the list for
netbeans etc.

Others have answered regarding the main & restricted repos. If you wish
to find if those applications are in any repositories, then I suggest:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/
Use the "Search package directories" for specific packages.
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=eclipse&searchon=names&suite=karmic&section=all>
<http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=karmic&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=netbeans>