log in & passwords

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at list-post.mks-mail.de
Thu Dec 10 15:13:45 UTC 2009

10.12.2009 15:56, Bob Hickey:

> Karmic asks for password on log in. I always chose "auto sign on" up till
> 9.04. Does any one know how to put Karmic on Auto? Thanx.

Well, auto login is about the only GUI-changeable setting that has
survived the transition to the new gdm.
When I look at
System/Administration/Login Screen
it seems to me that the auto login might start not before a certain
amount of time has passed, thus giving other users the opportunity to
log in. Since I don't use auto login, I'm not sure about that. But you
might want to check this and maybe reduce the time or turn this setting off.

--
Regards
  mks