That Code of Conduct

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 10 12:00:16 UTC 2009

hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 05:35 -0600 schrieb Cybe R. Wizard:
> On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:25:32 +0100
> Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I understand what you are saying and fully agree that it /should/ be
> that way but Ubuntu documentation seems to negate it.  Perhaps there is
> a difference between community and Community and between member and
> member?
> Either way it seems that some clarification is needed in the
> documentation.
right, the wording is bad, years ago "Ubuntu Member" was called
"Ubuntero" which gave a pretty clear distinction, but people found it to
confusing :)

anyway, beside this discussion and to come back to the original topic,
http://www.ubuntu.com/support/community/mailinglists/etiquette
is what counts for this list without telling you you have to become an
"Ubuntu Member". One key sentence here is:

"The Ubuntu code of conduct governs all interaction within the Ubuntu
community." which includes everyone participating.

it doesnt say: "all interaction with or amongst Ubuntu Members that
signed a copy" ;)

ciao
	oli