That Code of Conduct

Cybe R. Wizard cyber_wizard at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 10 11:35:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:25:32 +0100
Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.12.2009, 05:18 -0600 schrieb Cybe R. Wizard:
> > On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:41:45 +0100
> > Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > > huh ?!?
> > >
> > > how do you define being a member of a community ?
> > >
> > > ciao
> > > 	oli
> > >
> > How /I/ define it isn't a consideration when:
> > http://www.ubuntu.com/community/processes/newmember
> > exists.
> thats not what defines beion a member of a community, that defines
> what it takes to be an "ubuntu member" with access to certain
> restricted areas.
>
> i can just echo Avi here, a member of a community is someone who
> paricipates in that community ...
>
> if you drive a car, wouldnt you say you are a member of the car
> drivers community even without being in an automobil club ?
>
> ;)
>
> ciao
> 	oli

I understand what you are saying and fully agree that it /should/ be
that way but Ubuntu documentation seems to negate it.  Perhaps there is
a difference between community and Community and between member and
member?
Either way it seems that some clarification is needed in the
documentation.
Of course, I have no problem with the CoC or the community; I am a happy
Ubuntu user most times but I /do/ like for things to make sense to me.

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs