Forms design for web pages - what's available?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:09:50 UTC 2009

2009/12/9 Chris G <cl at isbd.net>:
> I'm looking for a tool a bit like the Forms Design part of Open Office
> (or MS Access for that matter) that will build web data input forms. I
> don't want a full-blown CMS or site design package, I just want to be
> able to build some simple data entry pages to load data into a
> database from the web (well, actually my intranet).
>
> Is there anything out there which can do this?

Have you looked at Ruby on Rails?  It might look like overkill for
what you want (and probably is), but with the scaffold generators it
will build the web forms for you and though you think that is all that
you want perhaps in the future you will want more capability, in that
case RoR will help you do pretty much anything and turn your forms
into a full blown web application.

On top of that it is great fun.

Colin