problems with usb creator

Gary Kirkpatrick pegngary at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:04:02 UTC 2009

i have two usb storage devices.  Both have had operating systems on them
which were subsquently removed.  Now I want to install 9.10 on one and
gparted on the other.  I get the following message:

Unable to mount 1.0 g (or 3.7 g depending on which usb dewvice I am trying
to use)filesystem  Dbus error org.gtk.Private.RemoteVolumeMonitor.NotFound.
The Given VOlume was not found.

i have deleted all partition using gparted, tried starting from scratch from
USB Startup disk creator, or put a file system on the USB storage device,
all to no avail.  I have used windows to format, that did not help.  I used
an hp tool and some other tool, all to no avail.  Searching on google there
is a bug reported last january so maybe the problem still has not been
resolved.

Any thoughts?

thanks

gary