That Code of Conduct

Alan McKay alan.mckay at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 18:33:07 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> i think it shows pretty clear that the CoC is one of the core
> components ...

I think you are right.   It also says :

> When quoting, attribute the quoted text to the person who
> wrote it (again, most email clients will do this by default).
> Be careful to attribute the correct text to the correct person.

In the most recent case for me, I was not quoting.  I had no intent to
quote.  I added another datapoint to the discussion which was not
directly related to anything else which had been said in the thread,
but nonetheless which I believe to be related to the discussion.  I
thought this was obvious from the context but I guess not.  So I will
be more careful in the future to explicitly state when I am adding new
data which may not necessarily relate back to anything that had
previously been mentioned.

That link above also says :

> Avoid sending emails in HTML format, if possible.

Going back to my response to Leonard.

cheers,
-Alan