How to tell what has changed after an update?

Matthew Flaschen matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu
Tue Dec 8 21:27:20 UTC 2009

Patrick Doyle wrote:
> Thanks for helping me figure this out.  As I said, I would rather
> learn the proper tools to figure this out on my own, rather than just
> finding out what the recent change to x11-common was (if there even
> was a recent change).
>
> --wpd

aptitude changelog x11-common

Note that this will connect to the net.  It will show the latest
changelog by default (which includes multiple changesets).  However, you
can instead do, e.g.

aptitude changelog x11-common=1:7.4+3ubuntu7

Not all versions will have a accessible file, though.

Matt Flaschen