Truncated man page

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Dec 8 20:54:24 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 08:30:45PM -0000, Steve wrote:
> On one of my computers the man page for aptitude is truncated, only a
> third or so is there. I’ve tried reinstalling aptitude but to no avail.
> How do I get it back?  I’ve looked at a few other man pages and compared
> them to an other machine and they appear intact.

I'd suggest looking in /var/cache/man for the cached truncated version.
Remove it, and when you next run man aptitude, it should regenerate a
complete version.

I wonder how this happened.  Did you run out of disk space when you were
trying to look at aptitude's man page?

Marius Gedminas
--
A real friend isn't someone you use once and then throw away.
A real friend is someone you can use over and over again.