Newcomer's question about existing software raid

Peter Humphrey peter at humphrey.ukfsn.org
Tue Dec 8 18:07:53 UTC 2009

Hello list,

I've just used the 9.10 standard installation CD to install Kubuntu in some
spare space on an IDE drive, and now I want to mount one of the existing
mdraid partitions on /home/<user>/common. I've googled for advice but I only
see how to install on a new mdraid partition, not how to mount one that's
there already.

I've installed mdraid, and the mdraid.conf file is written, apparently
correctly, but I still get "/dev/md2 does not exist" when I attempt to mount
it.

Would someone please point me to where I can find the right advice?

Thanks.

--
Rgds
Peter