workspace switcher names do not persist thru restarts...

David Armour d.f.armour at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 6 04:48:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

The seven workspace names I've had for some time now (Jaunty, currently) now
devolve across log-outs, restarts, reboots to:

1
2
3
Workspace4
Workspace5
Workspace6
Workspace7

... which isn't even consistent. I'm getting quite good at right-clicking the
switcher, selecting Preferences, and re-typing the names, but I'd prefer to not
have to. Is there some setting for workspace persistence that moving from
Intrepid to Jaunty changed? Can I have it back!?

I haven't seen any other references to this particular glitch which makes me
feel special. Any ideas greatly appreciated.