execute script after (auto)mounting external device

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Sat Dec 5 17:00:18 UTC 2009

Tom H wrote:

[snip]
> Good thread thanks. Although I would try to create a rule without
> "ACTION=="add"" first and not prepend "ACTION=="add"" if it is not
> needed.
>
> It shows that my earlier suggestion of ""SUBSYSTEM=="block"" was
> incorrect. Sorry (I was at the end of an 18.5-hour shift after all!).

No need to apologize, been there ;-).  Careful with removing the
"ACTION=="add"", I think this is letting the system know what to wait
and look for... ok kernel, when something is added from the
usb_subsystem that looks like this and made by these guys, then go ahead
and execute this.  So unless the system defaults to watching for an
"add" action it may kill a critical link.  This is part of the stuff I
am still learning so hopefully someone else can explain why or why not
better than I.  Let us know how it works.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."