execute script after (auto)mounting external device

Patrick Drechsler patrick at pdrechsler.de
Sat Dec 5 01:23:46 UTC 2009

Tom H wrote:
>>> In a nautilus (file browser) window go to Edit > Preferences and select
>>> the Media tab.
>> Thanks for the pointer, Markus! I found the menu (thanks, didn't know that).
>>
>> But there are only about a dozen choices for "Type" in that menu (I have
>> a German local, so the entry is called "Sonstige Datenträger"; probably
>> something like "Additional devices" in English). My type would be
>> "TrueCrypt-Partition-From-USB-Stick-A". I wouldn't mind configuring my
>> post-mount script from the command line.
>
> I have been looking for a GUI for devicekit-disks but no luck.
>
> At the cli, there is devkit-disks.

Neat (I've saved the bookmark!), but not what I'm looking for (I think).

devkit-disks is concerned with hardware.

I am looking for a "hook" *after* a specific device has been mounted.

My use-case: The specific device is an encrypted partition on a prtable
usb-stick. Once I mount and decrypt that volume, I would like to sync
certain parts of that partition using a script. Can I do that using
devkit-disks? From scanning the devkit man page I have the impression,
that devkit has a different focus...

Regards,

Patrick