32 or 64 bit?

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 22:30:17 UTC 2009

Do you need to virtualize? I found a while ago that me -- using a low
segment Core 2 Duo -- cannot virtualize on a 64 bit system because my
Core 2 Duo lacks virtualization extensions.
Do check if you have them in case you need them.

General topic which includes VirtualBox:
http://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12718

VirtualBox:
http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/UserManual.html#intro-64bitguests

VMware:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=1901

Do note VMware supports software virtualization on some AMD processors.

Personally, will stick with 32 bits.
--
Pedro