Printing to a file

R Kimber richardkimber at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 15:34:34 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Dec 2009 00:09:33 +0100
Werner Schram wrote:

> That is strange, it should be there as far as I know. Is this option
> also missing in gedit?

Yes.

> Anyway, an alternative is to install the cups-pdf package. After
> installing this package, you can add a pdf printer.

Ah. Thanks. That is the (an) answer.  I installed that and then was able to
set up a PDF printer.

The only disadvantage is that when I want to use it from Firefox it won't
work unless is has been made the default printer.  If my normal printer is
the default and I choose the PDF printer to print I get printed output on
the printer anyway.  Perhaps this is a Firefox bug.

Many thanks,
- Richard.
--
Richard Kimber