Ebook Readers

Cameron Hutchison lists at xdna.net
Tue Dec 1 02:11:57 UTC 2009

John Graddy <jwgraddy at valornet.com> writes:

>Does anyone download books to an Ubuntu system and then load them onto
>an ebook reader?  Is any particular ebook reader reccommended?  I would
>hate to fork over more than $200 for one and then find out that I
>couldn't use it.

I am successfully using as Astak EZReader (theezreader.com, astak.com)
with Debian. The device plugs into the USB port and appears as a storage
device that you can just copy your ebooks to. You can also use an SD
card.

I haven't loaded any DRM ebooks. That's where you may run into problems
being non-windows/mac. But loading books from project Gutenberg works
fine.