USB Serial

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 29 08:52:38 UTC 2009

hi,
Am Samstag, den 29.08.2009, 06:27 +0100 schrieb Ken Adams:
> I have a USB-Serial converter on my laptop. I shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0.
> I cannot get wine to accept this and give a program access to "COM 1"
>
> I have been working on a solution and found a fix that works to a
> problem, but it is only temporary. I need a fix that works through a
> reboot. I can manually delete /dev/ttyS0 and then put a symlink in to
> point ttyS0 - ttyUSB0.
>
> How can I make this a permanent fix that works automagically after boot.
to tell wine to use certain devices remapped as dos devices have a look
in your local wine configuration under ~/.wine/dosdevices/
to create com1 for wine you just set up a link in that dir to the
desired device you want remapped:

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1

that works for any device as long as you know the linux filename and
the corresponding windows naming scheme for a device.

ciao
	oli