How to tell if I've been hacked?

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:01:09 UTC 2009

It's pretty unlikely that anyone's gotten in. It's probably just Microsoft
trying to scare you. It's very hard to hack a Linux computer without
physical access to the computer. Though be careful if people do have
physical access to it - Linux is still pretty safe that way, but it's still
much easier to hack a Linux computer if you can actually use it (though it's
way easier to hack a Windows computer if you have access to it).

You should look carefully for hidden processes, and make sure that your
computer isn't going slowly. Also, listen to the hard drive. It shouldn't be
making too much sound unless you have something running.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM, Scott Ehrlich <srehrlich at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a lot of talk about the vulnerable Linux kernel.   I'm simply
> wondering the telltale signs if a given system has been hacked?
> What, specifically, does a person look for?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

David McNally
david3333333 at gmail.com